US Department of State August 5,Clean NetworkAnnounced the program. In addition to the privacy of individuals and companies, it is an effort to protect confidential information. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said the program protects information from "aggressive intrusions by malicious actors such as the Chinese Communist Party."
By: Angela Lang/CNET
According to Pompeo, the program consists of five elements that protect carriers' networks and infrastructure in the United States. Donald Trump's initiative announced in April5G Clean PathIt is based on.
The Clean Network program is proposing to revolutionize the way the Internet is built, with the aim of monitoring the Chinese government for access to U.S. data via submarine cable and cloud providers. Especially. In addition, we are aiming to prevent the installation of popular US apps on smartphones manufactured by Chinese companies such as Huawei. Asks not to offer the app.
The five sections of Clean Network are:
- "Clean Carrier": Prevents untrusted Chinese carriers from connecting to US networks due to national security concerns.
- Clean Store: Remove untrusted Chinese apps from the US mobile app store because they "threat US privacy, spread viruses, spread propaganda and false information."
- "Clean Apps": Prevent untrustworthy Chinese smartphone makers from pre-installing reliable apps on their products or offering them in their app stores.
- "Clean Cloud": "Including vaccine research information on new-type coronavirus infectious diseases", US data will be added to cloud systems owned by Chinese companies such as Ali Baiba, Baidu, and Tencent Prevent it from being saved.
- "Clean Cable": Prevent submarine Internet cables from being "broken by China's large-scale information gathering activities."
This article is from overseas CBS InteractivearticleIs edited by Asahi Interactive for Japan.